If you’ve been in an accident and suffered an injury that wasn’t your fault, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim against the third party involved. Should your earnings or potential earnings have suffered or be in jeopardy, house, work place or vehicle adaptations are required, additional or ongoing treatment needed as a result of the injury or anything else that has affected your daily life are all valid reasons to pursue a personal injury claim for compensation.
Alternatively, you can also enter in to this process on behalf of a relative affected who may have been injured or sadly died due to the actions of someone else. Claims can also be lodged in the event of mental illness or injury and contraction of a disease should this be as a result of actions of others.
As with all claims there are allocated timescales within which you must submit your case following the incident so it is important that you seek the appropriate legal advice as soon as you are able to.
Our highly trained personal injury team can help in a range of situations, including but not limited to:
- accidents at work resulting in physical injury, including hearing damage or loss of a limb;
- mental injury sustained at work, for example severe stress brought on by a heavy workload;
- work-related illness, such as lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos;
- road traffic accidents resulting in injury or death;
- injury or death caused by the handling of faulty goods or inadequately performed services;
- injury or death sustained as a result of inadequately supervised or poorly maintained public spaces, including incidents of drowning in public swimming pools or tripping over uneven paving slabs;
- injury or death caused by mistakes made by medical professionals, including GPs, hospital staff, dentists, opticians and cosmetic surgeons;
- injury or death caused by routine vaccinations;
- injury or death caused by criminal behaviour where you or a relative have been the victim of a crime;
- injury or death resulting from mistreatment while you or a relative were in police custody; and
- injury or death caused by mistreatment while in a hospital, care home or residential setting.
Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tonbridge, Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.
If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or in a hospital or care facility. Meetings via skype are also possible where appropriate.
Most personal injury cases can be funded under a conditional fee agreement which means there will usually be no legal fees to pay unless your claim is successful.
For clients not eligible for conditional fee funding we can offer flexible payment terms to help you budget for the payment of legal fees. We can also offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £180 inclusive of VAT.
Get in touch
Call us on 01732 353305 if you need our help. Alternatively, complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.