Rebecca is a senior Executive who specialises in helping people put their legal affairs in order during their lifetime and also once they have passed away by ensuring that their wishes are carried out.
Rebecca has four years’ experience in dealing with Private Client Matters including Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Probate and Inheritance Tax cases.
It is never easy nor do we want to think about our death or plan for it and Rebecca has experience in helping clients who may find legal matters daunting by offering reassurance and compassion when considering the future and their potential needs.
Rebecca assists clients of all ages and backgrounds getting their affairs in order from those who believe they do not necessarily need a Will to those who won’t have factored in the possibility of becoming incapacitated either through old age, illness, emergency or an accident.
The nature of Rebecca’s role means she works closely with her Clients, getting to know them so she can deliver a tailored personal service to each one.
Rebecca advises on the following issues:
- Making a Will – We spend our lives working to provide for ourselves and our loved ones. You may have a house or flat (in the UK or overseas), shares, savings, investments as well as your personal and digital possessions. All of these assets are your 'estate'. Making a Will ensures that when you die your estate is shared according to your wishes.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney – If you become unable to make decisions for yourself in the future, someone will need to make decisions for you. Who does this will depend on the situation. If you wish, you can officially appoint someone you trust to make decisions for you. This is called making a lasting power of attorney (LPA), and enables you to give another person the right to make decisions about your Health and Welfare and your Property and Financial Affairs.
- Court of Protection matters – assisting with the application to acquire a Deputyship Order to enable the ‘Deputy’ to manage a vulnerable persons affairs
- Probate and estate administration – to assist with the legal formalities that need to be complied with when someone has died; and
Examples of recent cases
Rebecca has recently:
- Assisted in drafting life interest trust and wills for clients
- Assisted in the preparation and registration for lasting powers of attorney in preparation for the future
- Assisted in an application to the court of protection to enable the firm to assist in the management of affairs for an elderly client who had no family
- Wound up an estate of a wealthy widow worth £8 million
- Administered an estate over £2 million where assets were held in the UK but the client and her liabilities were in Germany
- Prepared a deathbed will incorporating a discretionary trust to safeguard a disabled spouse
Rebecca is based in our Chatham office but advises Client throughout Kent.
To contact Rebecca, please call 01732 353305 or email email@example.com.
The cost of making a will, lasting power of attorney or administering an estate will depend on your circumstances. We are happy to provide a quotation after discussing your requirements