For most people, nothing is more precious than family, and at Bailey & Cogger we value the importance of peace of mind when it comes to doing the right thing by your loved ones. Our highly trained Family team can advise and guide on a vast range of legal matters regarding family and relationships, ranging from adoption, civil partnerships, domestic violence and more.
Family areas of law do tend to be the most emotionally charged and motivated for our clients, and as such our solicitors adopt an empathetic, understanding and open minded approach to each individual case. We work with you to determine the finite details of your situation so we can construct and execute the most appropriate strategy for moving forward to achieve the result you desire.
Our team of experienced family lawyers can help with:
- wealth protection and prenuptial agreements for unmarried couples or soon to be husbands, wives and civil partners;
- filing and responding to divorce proceedings or civil partnership dissolutions including all financial elements that need to be considered
- any situations where children are involved including custody, visitation rights and logistics of moving them abroad
- parenting issues where a parental responsibility order from the court may be needed to ensure both parents have an equal say about decisions affecting their children’s lives, or where there are issues around fertility and surrogacy;
- family care proceedings where a local authority has indicated an intention to remove your child or to insert them in to the adoption system
- protecting your family where you have been victims of domestic violence and/or abuse
Alternatives to court
Mediation and collaborative law are two options that can be useful in some scenarios before proceeding in to a court case, however there are certain circumstances, such as in cases where domestic violence is prudent, that this would not be an option offered.
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We can also offer meetings by Skype for clients who have to travel extensively or who now live abroad. In exceptional circumstances, home visits can also be arranged.
Fixed cost initial appointment / Legal Aid
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £120 inclusive of VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget. Legal aid may also be available in certain cases and is normally always available for defending care proceedings and taking steps to protect against domestic violence or child abuse
Get in touch
Call us on 01732 353305 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Please let us know if you are in a particularly sensitive situation when and via which method is best to contact you on.