Where children are concerned, the laws are there to protect them and to ensure their safety when they are in the most vulnerable or volatile of situations. In the event of a relationship breakdown this can be a traumatic time for all parties, and so our Family Law experts will work with you towards achieving the best possible outcome for all parties.
It is often difficult when you are in the midst of a fraught situation to be able to view actions to be taken and options available in an objective way. The assistance of a neutral, non-biased third party such as a family solicitor who will solely act on your behalf but under the jurisdiction of the laws outlined, will enable a more structured and productive way forward.
In the first instance mediation can be put forward as a method of communication between the two parties, however this is not always successful or appropriate. In cases where there is an element of domestic violence involved, mediation will not be considered.
Our specialist family lawyers can:
- advise you on your rights to see your child and to obtain a parental responsibility order entitling you to be involved in decisions affecting their life;
- advise you on your options when one parent proposes to live abroad;
- provide unmarried couples advice when it comes to child arrangements;
- take steps to protect your children from domestic violence or abuse;
- assess your personal and financial circumstances to give you an idea of the types of order a court might make;
- support you in exploring options for a negotiated agreement;
- apply to the court for a child arrangements order where a negotiated agreement cannot be reached; and
- apply to the court to enforce the terms of a child arrangements order which is breached.
We can also help grandparents who wish to secure the right to see their grandchildren and offer advice and support to families whose children have been taken into local authority care or put up for adoption.
Advising families throughout Kent and beyond
We can also offer meetings by skype for clients who have to travel extensively or who now live abroad. In exceptional circumstances, home visits can also be arranged.
Fixed cost initial appointment / Legal aid
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements. Legal aid may also be available in certain cases and is normally always available for defending care proceedings and taking steps to protect against domestic violence or child abuse.
Get in touch with our child law solicitors in Tonbridge, Kent
Call us on 01732 353305 if you need our help. Alternatively please complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible. Please do let us know if you are in a particularly sensitive situation when and via which method would be best to contact you.