Silviya is a solicitor who specialises in wills, trusts, probate and court of protection matters. She is helping people plan for later life, advising them how to achieve their objectives by exploring all their options and by bringing to their attention potential issues which they haven’t considered.
Dealing with bereavement and with the affairs of someone who has just passed away can be extremely stressful. Silviya prides herself in making clients feel at ease at such a difficult time. She is friendly, approachable and helpful. Her understanding manner instantly puts you at ease, as does her ability to explain legal issues in plain English.
Silviya advises people of all ages, from all backgrounds and with a variety of needs, including those with deteriorating mental health. She believes everyone should have access to good legal advice, delivered in an appropriate manner.
Silviya is also a fully qualified member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners- a worldwide professional association for expert practitioners dealing with inheritance and succession planning.
Silviya advises on the following issues:
- wills – to ensure your money and property goes to those you have chosen to receive it;
- lasting powers of attorney – to ensure that if you become unable to make decisions for yourself someone you trust has authority to make them for you;
- Court of Protection applications – to appoint a professional or a family member as a deputy to manage a relative’s affairs where no lasting power of attorney exists.
- tax planning – to ensure your personal affairs are organised as tax efficiently as possible so you pay no more tax than you need to when you die;
- trusts – to enable money and property to be passed on in a controlled and tax efficient manner, particularly to children and those not used to significant financial responsibility;
- elderly client work – to ensure those of advancing years receive joined-up advice which considers issues around wills, lasting powers of attorney and tax as well as the funding of care costs; and
- probate and estate administration – to assist with the legal formalities that need to be complied with when someone has died.
Examples of recent cases
Silviya has recently:
- helped an elderly lady reorganise her affairs following the loss of her husband so that she could maximise the inheritance left to her loved ones, limit the amount of inheritance tax that would potentially need to be paid and ensure an attorney was in place to make decisions for her if she lost mental capacity;
- made an application to the Court of Protection for an order ring fencing clients assets in contemplation of future marriage;
- Wound up the entire estate of a famous artist who has left various gifts of art, property and personal possessions to number of charities and museums across the country.
Wills, trusts and Probate advice across Kent
Silviya is based in our Maidstone office but advises clients throughout Kent.
To contact Silviya, please call 01732 353305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of making a will, lasting power of attorney or administering an estate will depend on your circumstances. We are happy to provide a quotation after discussing your requirements.