Residential Property Dispute Resolution

You work hard to ensure that your home is everything you could want it to be and more. As a respectful owner or tenant, your rights to live a private and undisturbed lifestyle should be protected at all times. Unfortunately there are some situations that arise that prevent this from happening, at which point you may require legal backing in order to address and rectify this.

If you are having difficulties with a landlord, neighbour, local business or local government to name a few, our Residential Property Dispute Resolution team are here for you to assist you in any way possible.

It goes without saying that the ideal solution would be for you and the third party to be able to resolve your differences swiftly and amicably, however where this has been tried and has proved unsuccessful, obtaining the assistance of a solicitor will be the logical next step.

Our experts will work closely with you throughout your case, advising and guiding on situations such as:

  • rights of access and rights of way;
  • nuisance stemming from neighbouring property, including failure to stop the spread of Japanese knotweed;
  • problem neighbours, including claims of anti-social behaviour and harassment;
  • home improvements that have gone wrong, including disputes with architects, surveyors, structural engineers and builders;
  • planning policies or conditions affecting land you would like to develop;
  • development agreements concerning land you have agreed to sell;
  • restrictions that affect the use of your land, such as a prohibition on the conversion of an outbuilding;
  • possession claims;
  • attempts by your mortgage company to repossess your home;
  • disputes about the ownership of land, particularly in cases of joint ownership;
  • your rights versus the rights of anyone else who owns or rents the house you live in; and 
  • landlord and tenant issues and leasehold disputes, for example related to the terms of your lease or tenancy agreement, the return of rent deposit monies, a refusal to carry out urgent repairs or attempts to unlawfully evict you.

If you need help to resolve a dispute about a commercial property you own, or if you are a landlord in need of assistance, our commercial property dispute resolution lawyers are on hand to provide advice and support.

Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond

We have offices in Tonbridge, Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden where we can meet you to discuss your requirements.

If the need arises, we can also offer meetings at your home or via skype if you are regularly out of the country.

How must does it cost?

We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements from £100 plus VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.

Get in touch with our residential property solicitors in Tonbridge, Kent

Call us on 01732 353305 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

Who should I contact?

Jasvinder Gill