The purpose of a Notary is to provide authentication and verification of documentation. This could be for matters both within the UK but most commonly for matters abroad. You may for example, need a Notary if you wish to live or work abroad, buy a foreign property, prove a marriage or a divorce is legal, or show your role as an appointed power of attorney.
We have two highly experienced notaries within our team, Jasvinder Gill and Karen du Rocher. Operating through Hatten Wyatt Notaries LLP, they can provide notarial services to support UK and foreign nationals in a range of situations.
- applications to live, work or study abroad;
- requests to marry or enter a civil partnership in another country;
- applications to adopt a child from another country;
- the sale or purchase of foreign property;
- the administration of a deceased person’s estate where foreign property or other assets are involved;
- the sale or purchase of foreign shares and investments; and
- the bringing or defending of legal proceedings in another country.
- applications to live, work or study in the UK;
- requests to marry or enter a civil partnership in the UK;
- applications to adopt a child from the UK;
- the sale or purchase of UK-based property;
- the administration of a deceased person’s estate where UK property or other assets are involved;
- the sale or purchase of UK-based shares and investments; and
- the bringing or defending of legal proceedings in the UK.
Notarial services for businesses are also available to support corporate and commercial deals and transactions.
We can also help where you have been asked to have documents legalised or apostilled with the Foreign Office, an embassy or a consulate.
Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond
We can also offer meetings at your home if the need arises, as well as conference calls via skype for clients who frequently need to travel abroad.
How much does it cost?
The cost of notarial services will depend on the volume and type of documents that need notarising. Prices start from £150, but we will happily provide an individual quotation after discussing your requirements.
Get in touch with our experts in Tonbridge, Kent
Hatten Wyatt Notaries is regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury and maintains a minimum level of PI cover of £500,000.
Further information can be found at www.hw-notaries.com