Commercial property is a somewhat different and occasionally more complex process than residential buying and selling. It is important from the outset that you look carefully as to what is required of you legally once you begin considering the process to ensure compliance and due diligence in all areas.
The time it takes for transactions to complete in the commercial property sector can often be more lengthy and restricted in flexibility as the chains tend to include a greater number of businesses. There may also be tax deadlines to factor in for all parties. Our teams will also potentially have to advise on land taxes, building restrictions, possible planning permission regulations and a host of other requirements needing to be fulfilled to ensure a smooth transaction process for you.
Drawing on many years of combined experience, our commercial property lawyers will ensure that:
- the terms of your sale or purchase are quickly agreed;
- where the deal is subject to planning permission, an option or conditional sale agreement is negotiated together an overage agreement if appropriate;
- restrictive covenants over land use will not affect planned business activities;
- redundant or problem covenants are removed if possible;
- legal title to the property is in order;
- any defects in title are addressed;
- satisfactory answers are provided to property enquiries or as part of a wider corporate due diligence exercise;
- appropriate finance arrangements are in place;
- existing lease arrangements are viewed and actioned as appropriate;
- transfer papers are drafted and executed;
- stamp duty land tax is paid;
- the transaction completes on time and in conjunction with linked transactions if needed;
- any outstanding mortgages and charges are settled; and
- the transaction is registered with the Land Registry.
We can also help if there is an ongoing commercial property dispute that needs to be resolved or if you require the services of a notary public to authenticate paperwork to be used to buy or sell commercial property abroad.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We can also offer meetings at your place of business if needed, or via a skype conference call if you are out of the country.
How much does it cost?
The cost of dealing with the sale or acquisition of a commercial property depends on the circumstances. We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation upon request.
Get in touch with our commercial property solicitors in Tonbridge, Kent
If you need help to buy or sell commercial property, please get in touch to see how we can assist. You can call us on 01732 353305 or complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.