Many businesses come into being with a single owner or director, and then find themselves becoming successful enough to warrant the need to branch out. This could be for reasons as simple as needing an extra senior level input, or it could be that the business wants to expand internationally; into a field where specific expert knowledge and guidance is required, or a merge with another company entirely.
Whatever the reasons behind entering into a joint venture, ensuring that all your documentation is correct and watertight is a non-negotiable factor if you want to ensure as far as possible the initial success of the partnership now, and continued harmony for the future
Within our Company and Commercial team we have solicitors who are experts in helping businesses put joint ventures together, with experience spanning across a wide variety of industries and business type.
Working with you, they will:
- advise you on the best operating model, whether that is a partnership, LLP or company, or via a standalone contractual arrangement;
- arrange new company incorporation, including the preparation of a memorandum, articles of association and shareholder agreement;
- negotiate terms and conditions which clearly define the identity of the parties, the purpose of the joint venture, its geographic reach, each party’s respective contribution, how operating costs and profits will be shared, governance arrangements, the decision-making process, exit provisions and a mechanism for bringing the joint venture to an end;
- deal with any employment law aspects where existing members of staff will be assigned to the joint venture or new personnel will be recruited; and
- devise a business dispute resolution procedure to enable differences to be resolved outside of court where possible.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tonbridge, Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business or via a skype conference call where needed.
Who much does it cost?
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £180 inclusive of VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01732 353305 if you need our help. Alternatively please complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.