Regardless of how many employees your business has or the size of the premises it inhabits, employment laws must be strictly adhered to at all times, and the consequences of neglecting to do so can be catastrophic on many levels. Staff manuals, health and safety, working time regulations, equality and diversity legislations, use of data and disciplinary procedures to name but a few are all elements that need to be taken into consideration when employing a work force.
Therefore, it is easy to see how employers can sometimes make errors which see them in need of legal advice. Laws are constantly changing and evolving, and whilst it is important to keep on top of any developments independently, rest assured our expert teams are always up to date with the latest rules so will always provide you with accurate advice and guidance.
The Employment solicitors at Bailey & Cogger can assist you with:
- drafting policies and procedures to deal with everything from the rights of new parents to the process for making a flexible working request;
- creating tailored employment contracts and service agreements;
- ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory obligations;
- advising on grievance and disciplinary issues;
- investigating and resolving complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying;
- resolving disputes concerning pay, bonuses, annual leave and pension entitlement;
- advising on the fair treatment of employees on long-term sickness leave;
- defending unfair dismissal and other employment tribunal claims;
- defending personal injury claims brought by employees and visitors to your premises;
- providing representation before professional bodies and industry regulators;
- negotiating severance packages and settlement agreements;
- enforcing restrictive covenants and restraint of trade provisions, including via court proceedings if necessary;
- recovering confidential and commercially sensitive information from former employees;
- preventing infringement of your intellectual property rights;
- addressing data protection issues in the context of employment
- advising on issues arising out of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations (TUPE) following a business sale or transfer of services.
Advising employers throughout Kent and beyond
We have offices in Tonbridge, Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden.
We can also offer meetings at your place of business or via a skype conference call if needed.
We offer an initial appointment to discuss your requirements at a fixed cost of £180 inclusive of VAT. After that we can arrange flexible payment terms, including monthly billing to help you budget.
Get in touch
Call us on 01732 353053 if you need our help. Alternatively complete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.