With so many elements involved in the successful running of a business, one of the biggest factors to consider from the outset is the property you choose as your base. Location, size, potential for expansion and development, as well as neighbouring land and property are all things that need to be carefully considered. You need to ensure that you are protected when it comes to possible third party development proposals that may impact you, service charge agreements, legalities of financial situations such as buying or selling in the future, and a whole host of other factors that legal backing will be prevalent for.
At Bailey & Cogger, our Commercial Property team can act on behalf of landlords, tenants, investors and developers to ensure whichever process you decide upon is executed in the most timely and cost effective way possible.
Drawing on their broad range of experience, our solicitors can assist with:
Commercial property development
- land acquisitions and disposals, including via joint venture;
- conversion projects;
- conditional sales, options and overage agreements;
- planning requirements, particularly around retail, industrial and agricultural sites;
- financing arrangements;
- the release of restrictive covenants;
- issues concerning boundaries and rights of access;
- site assembly; and
- plot sales.
Buying and selling commercial property
- sale and purchase negotiations;
- property requisitions and enquiries;
- verification of legal title;
- resolution of title defects;
- preparation and completion of transfer documents; and
- registration of title at the Land Registry.
Landlord and tenant
- lease negotiations;
- lease agreements;
- rent deposits and guarantees;
- requests to make alterations;
- requests for permission to assign or sublet;
- break clause notices;
- service charge queries;
- dilapidation claims;
- lease renewals; and
- issues around termination.
If your property situation involves any sort of property overseas, our Notary team can act for you on your behalf.
Advising businesses throughout Kent and beyond
We can also offer meetings at your place of business if needed, or via a skype conference call where appropriate.
How much does it cost?
The cost of commercial property advice depends on your requirements. We are happy to provide a no obligation quotation upon request.
Get in touch
Call us on 01732 353305 if you need our help. Alternatively, please compete our Contact Us form and we will be in touch as soon as possible.