If you find yourself having been arrested under suspicion of breaking the law and committing a crime, legal advice is something you should aim to sort out as soon as possible. You are within your rights to have free legal advice provided to you when you are initially at the police station, but moving forward you will need to decide upon appointing your own counsel.
Legal support can be extremely beneficial even in the first stages of questioning; professional advice can from the outset work favourably where applicable towards lesser charges being brought against you or reduced sentencing or fines, and in some cases charges being dropped completely.
At Bailey & Cogger our criminal experts have a long and detailed history of working with individuals involved in a huge range of criminal situations, as well as acting on behalf of businesses caught up in cases of fraud, negligence and money laundering to name a few.
From advising you at the police station to representing you at court, our criminal law specialists can manage allegations including but not restricted to:
- murder, manslaughter and causing death by dangerous driving;
- assault, including grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm;
- sexual offences, including rape, child exploitation and the downloading of indecent images;
- domestic violence, mental or physical abuse including gaslighting and coercive or controlling behaviour;
- harassment and stalking;
- drug possession, drug dealing or drug importation;
- possession of an offensive weapon or bladed article;
- theft, ranging from shoplifting to stealing from your employer;
- fraud and other crimes of dishonesty
- motoring offences, including causing injury by dangerous driving, speeding, driving without insurance, improper mobile phone usage and failing to stop after an accident.
They will also represent you at trial, sentencing hearings and if you wish to appeal against a conviction or sentence.
Advising individuals throughout Kent and beyond
Our lawyers are based in Tonbridge, Maidstone, Gravesend, Chatham and Tenterden and cover the whole of Kent. They can also help clients based further afield and regularly represent people in the London Crown Courts.
They can visit you at the police station or in prison if you have been remanded in custody. Meetings can also be arranged at one of our offices or at your place of business’ or via Skype where appropriate if needed.
How much does it cost?
Advice at the police station is free, regardless of your income or savings. Legal aid is also available in many cases to help where you are charged with an offence and the case will go to court.
For privately paying clients we offer an initial appointment from £220 – £375 plus VAT depending on your solicitor’s experience. This provides us with an opportunity to assess your case and give initial advice. Any further work beyond this will be quoted for at a competitive rate.
Get in touch with our criminal law solicitors in Tonbridge, Kent
For urgent advice outside of office hours, including police station representation, please call 07516 729637.